We study and devise strategies to maximize your facility’s operational efficiency and bottom line.
Detailed Project Report & Market Intelligence
A detailed project report checks the viability and prospects of the proposed facility through market research and financial feasibility study. It is a requirement for any new healthcare facility. The process involves the collection of market intelligence data for an in-depth study of the location and neighboring regions, which helps in creating a financial model for the project. In short, DPRs can predict the future of your venture.
What does it do?
- Evaluate the demand-supply gap
- Identify direct and indirect competitors
- Assess the economic viability of the proposed healthcare facility by preparing a feasibility study which includes the following:
- Conceptualize requirements of the Project (like bed-mix, service-mix, facility-mix or level of technology)
- Recognise hindrance, business risk and provide critical success factors
What are the benefits?
Top management gets a fair understanding of service-mix, bed-mix and facility-mix of the proposed healthcare facility.
The promoters gain insights into consumer behavior, insurance penetration, the level of technology, engineering services that need to be adopted.
The financial feasibility study helps promoters to assess the broad
level cost of the project, year-on-year projected income, detailed breakdown of expenses on the workforce, equipment and utilities.
Important ratios, such as IRR, ROI, EBIDTA, ARPOB, DSCR, offers a fair understanding of the project viability.
The report is beneficial to banks, funding agencies, PE partners interested in funding the proposed healthcare facility.
Performance audit evaluates the current status of the hospital in terms of infrastructure, systems, productivity, revenue and expenses. Based on the findings, a strategic suggestion is recommended to optimize resource utilization and improve service delivery.
The following tasks are undertaken,
1.Internal Environment Scan
- Productivity and revenue details are assessed and bench-marked with industry standards.
- Departmental analysis in terms of infrastructure, processes, medical technology and workforce is undertaken based on weighted average rating matrix
- A broad assessment of organizational hierarchy and span of control is estimated.
- IT systems are assessed in terms of hardware, software and level of integration
- Facility and service‐mix is reviewed to elicit suggestions and enhance the product range
2.External Environment Scan
- Focused interviews with departmental heads and discussions with consumer groups (i.e. patients & relatives) are held to evaluate their responses on the scope for service enhancements.
- Brainstorming sessions are held with hospital management to arrive at consensus solutions.
- The audit findings are presented to the top management to elicit their response to various conclusions and recommended way forward
- Data collected during the exploratory phase is analysed to highlight key findings and strategic recommendations.
- Bench-marking is done with similar facilities.
- Strategic recommendations are provided to the client which includes,
- Rationalization of organogram and reporting hierarchy
- Human resources rationalization
- Tariff rationalization
- Improving efficiency vis a vis profitability
- Suggestions are provided for optimization of institutional resources
- Time-bound implementation road-map of the recommendations
What are the benefits?
Top management can identify the workflow bottlenecks with root cause analysis
The way forward in terms of short term and long term goals are prepared with the consensus of departmental heads and top management
Organogram and reporting hierarchy is streamlined for effective management
Systems, processes, policies are optimised, and institutional resources are optimized
Improvement in overall revenue generation and EBIDTA margin
Are you anxious about how to go about operating a new hospital?
Commissioning Assistance provides a handhold to launch your new hospital. From making SOP for departments and personnel manual to chalking out an organogram, and developing a tariff plan, we customize these as per your hospital needs.
How is it done?
- Hand holding of the core team members of the management is done through various meetings and discussion
- Hospital systems and processes are established to streamline operations and departmental workflows
- Detailed workforce plan is prepared with broad level remuneration as per the industry practices
- Assist recruitment process for key personnel such as CEO, COO, Nursing Superintendent and GM Operations
- Personnel policies, job descriptions and HR manual is prepared to assist the HR department
- Policies and procedures are defined to suit the design and workflow of the hospital
- Administrative SOPs are prepared and implemented with the help of process owners and top management
- Prepare policies for credentialing and privileging of doctors, assist in making work contracts for doctor engagement
- Assist client is selection and implementation of a robust IT software, HRMS, PACS and financial module.
- Prepare tariff structure and ensure its implementation in the service master
- Identify problem areas and trouble to resolve issues during the post-commissioning phase
What are the benefits?
Top management is abreast of department-level activities
Delays in hospital commissioning are averted due to cohesive teamwork
Promoters are well prepared for allocation of budget for human resources, IT infrastructure amongst others
Core managerial team is well equipped to achieve finer aspects of hospital commissioning such as designing tariff structure, implementation of organogram establishing reporting hierarchy, departmental SOPs, manuals and policy-level decisions
Well integrated and robust IT infrastructure is built for automation and paperless work processes